Today also I'm continuing packaging session with j4v4m4n. There is a happy news that I finally uploaded my first package to mentors.debian.net. I've also requested Alioth for joining Ruby project.
So, i thought why don't i summarize what all I know about packaging.
It is as follows
- Make an ITP (Intent To Package) - Sample ITP can be found here
- Mail the itp to email@example.com. Note the following things
(a) Use plain text formatting. Don't use HTML formatting
(b) The subject should be ITP:
- Wait for confirmation from bug centre.
- If you get confirmation mail, proceed
- Download the gem and convert it to deb package using the command
- Run the following command in terminal (first , change directory to folder where you downloaded the package) to check for errors
lintian -iIEcv --pedantic --color auto
- Correct the errors by editing the files - control, copyright and changelog in the folder /
- Rebuild the package using the following command in terminal (change directory to the folder with name same as name of package inside your downloaded folder)
- Sign the package using your GPG Key
- Create an account in mentors.debian.net
- Upload your package to mentors following the instructions here
- Wait for confirmation
I've reached only here... Will update along with my journey...