I have been making my friends migrate from Windows to GNU/Linux. Since they were extreme begineers I installed Linux Mint on their computers. Most of the systems worked perfectly with a windows-gnulinux dual boot. But some new HP systems had the "feature" that only one OS can be installed at a time. However, I convinced them to remove Windows (Yay me!!) and installed Linux Mint only.
In those two systems, the Wireless card was Realtek RTL8723BE (as per the output of
lspci) and it was acting weird. The wifi works fine for some time and then it suddently just stops working. One way it was fixed was by disabling and re-enabling the device (by
sudo rmmod rtl8723be && sudo modprobe rtl8723be), but this was not practical each time.
After some internet searching, I got a solution. To disable fwlps and ips of RTL8723BE device. It was done using the following command
echo "options rtl8723be fwlps=N ips=N" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf
And did a reboot. Voila!! Internet is stable again and world is safe. :D